Wacky World Of Wedding Traditions

Traditions, inspirations, ideas, and links from around the world

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What's In A Name

I've been away for awhile, but I have an exciting project that I will tell you about in another post. For now I have an idea that I think is really cool, see below.


Instead of having table numbers, use African names and the meanings. Here are some examples of names. Give the meaning and origin on each table. You can even create a lettered necklaces (just a little DIY project) as favors.

Just a small example of names from this site, Name Site.com:
Marbruke: Blessed from Swahili from Kenya/Tanzania, Male
Manzilli: Sent by God from Kenya/Tanzania, Male
Madaha: Graceful from Kenya/Tanzania, female

See you soon with more posts.

1 comment:

GloriasJewelryBox said...

Wow Is that picture from Bahia, Brasil? It looks just like the women in Pelhourino! Great pic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...